Are you thinking of self-publishing an e-book to sell through online retail outlets like Amazon?
Do you want to create a traditional print book, to sell online, at book readings, or for family and friends?
Do you want to start your own indie publishing company, for your books and others’?
D.I.Y. Publishing (5 hours, 1 hour break for lunch):
- What is publishing?
- Pros/cons of d.i.y. publishing;
- The long-tail strategy of d.i.y. publishing: lots of small sales over time = BIG results
- The nitty-gritty: printing (including P.O.D.), “self” publishing as a continuum, acronyms (ARC, PCN, CIP, ISBNs, BISAC, etc)
- Industry statistics
- Sales /Is a brick and mortar bookstore the best place to sell books?
- Marketing (including social media as well as traditional strategies)
- D.I.Y. Publishing success stories
D.I.Y. Publishing, April 27, 2013. Rosemary House Bed + Breakfast, Pittsboro NC. 11 – 5:00. $70/person. To register click on the Workshops page.